Protect your child’s teeth by starting dental checkups early. The American Dental Association and the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry say that the first dental visit should occur within six months after the baby’s first tooth appears, but no later than the child’s first birthday.
With years of hands-on experience dealing with thousands of children we work very hard to make your child’s treatment physically comfortable and enjoyable. During all visits, we believe in giving your child lots of praise.
The typical first dental appointment for your child could include one or more of the following:
- A gentle but thorough examination of the teeth, jaw, bite, gums, and oral tissues to monitor growth and development and observe any problem areas.
- If needed, a gentle cleaning, which includes polishing teeth and removing any plaque, tartar buildup, and stains.
- A demonstration of proper dental hygiene.
- Assessment of the need for fluoride.
- In case of further treatment, we create a proper treatment plan that is easy for your child to handle and make their teeth, gums and jaw joints healthy for life!